Wednesday, July 6, 2011

11 Second Club

I've been following the 11 Second Club for the past month, and have decided that it would be rather smart of me to get involved.

For those who are not familiar with the thing, here is an explanation from the site itself:
The 11 Second Club is a monthly character animation competition. Animators from all over the world participate, animating a character speaking a line of dialogue provided by the club. Throughout the competition, participants can share their progress with each other and critique each other's work. At the end of the month, everyone votes for whose submission they consider the best for that month. The idea is to give animators a chance to practice their skills in a fun, challenging environment.
What should make it fun for me is that it's animation of all kinds -- so if I don't feel like doing 3D, I can work on my 2D animation. This will also give me a chance to create more assets to use in different projects.

I've got a few concepts for this month's competition already, so it's just a matter of choosing what I want to do. I've got a bunch of characters to choose from, as well (though, if I decide to use Russel, I'm going to nix the fur modifier, because JESUS that killed me last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment